The Rising Sun Baptist Church was founded by Pastor Elijah Harrison in 1941. The church was organized and started on Maryland Avenue in Baltimore City.
Under Pastor Harrison's leadership, RSBC moved from Maryland Avenue to Federal and Barclay Streets, then later to 2001 Barclay Street in Baltimore City.
Due to illness, Pastor Harrison retired and Reverend James Bull was installed as Pastor in 1977. In 1984, RSBC moved to its current location of 1901 N. Regester St. in East Baltimore.
Pastor James Bull retired in 2003 and Reverend Melvin Lee was called by the members and installed in January 2003. Reverend Lee served faithfully until September 2015 and Pastor Dennis White was installed as Pastor on October 3, 2015.